Krayzie Bone, the Bone Thugs-n-Harmony rapper, hip hop luminary, and boyhood hero of a certain blogger, was arrested this morning for driving under the influence, reports the Los Angeles Daily News.
The rapper, born Anthony Henderson, was arrested at about 12:30 a.m. in Woodland Hills. Krayzie Bone was apparently stopped on a routine traffic violation. After discussing the matter with Krayzie, they grew suspicious that he might have been drinking. The rapper allegedly failed a few field sobriety tests and then submitted to a Breathalyzer, which read 0.10.
Fun facts about Krayzie Bone:
- Last year, he released a mixtape called “Under the Influence”.
- He has previously won two Grammy Awards for “Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group.”
- One Grammy was awarded for the song “Ridin’” by Chamillionaire. He was the featured artist. The song deals with cops pulling you over.
- One of his lines in the award-winning tune referenced driving with a 40oz tucked in his crotch, which had the unpleasant side effect of chilling his reproductive organs.
Because this is his first offense, we don’t expect jail time if he is convicted. The worst case scenario is likely a plea bargain that involves probation, fines, and the installation of an ignition interlock device into each of his vehicles.
- Friday, July 27 - Pasadena, CA - Undisclosed location - 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Friday, July 27 - Redondo Beach, CA - Undisclosed location - 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday, July 28 - Los Angeles, CA - Imperial Highway and Main Street - 6 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Speak to a Los Angeles DUI Defense Attorney (FindLaw)
- Krayzie Bone - Bone Thugs Rapper Arrested for DUI (TMZ)
- Bone Thugs’ Bizzy Bone Beatup 2 Chicago Fans on Tour Bus? (FindLaw’s Celebrity Justice Blog)
- Darrius Heyward-Bey Cops a Plea - No Jail for DUI (FindLaw’s Los Angeles DUI Blog)