We recognize that not everyone in Los Angeles reads this blog. They should. Especially those who think about driving drunk. It's a really bad, yet apparently common, idea.
On the heels of those nearly 500 DUI arrests before July 4th even started, local law enforcement officers are not letting up. There is a slew of planned checkpoints and saturation patrols set for this weekend, so as always, get a designated driver.
Los Angeles Checkpoints (Courtesy of @CheckpointsDUI)
- Friday, July 06, 2012, 7:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. - Rosecrans Avenue and Menlo Avenue Los Angeles, California
- Friday, July 06, 2012, 7:30 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. - Lincoln Blvd at Maxella Ave. Los Angeles, California
- Saturday, July 7, 2012 8:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. - Figueroa St and Avenue 52 Los Angeles
- Saturday, July 7, 2012, 7:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. - Roscoe Boulevard and Noble Avenue, Los Angeles, California
- Saturday, July 7, 2012, 7:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. - Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Paxton Street, Los Angeles, California
Orange County Checkpoints (Courtesy of the OC Register)
- Friday, July 06, 2012, 6:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. - Undisclosed location in Villa Park
- Friday, July 06, 2012, 7:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. - Beach Boulevard and 10th Street, Buena Park
Remember that these checkpoints are in addition to regular patrols. Even if you manage to avoid these published locations, you can still get pulled over. It's not worth the risk of insane fines, ignition interlock devices, and of course, the risk of harming someone else on the road.
Take a cab or plan ahead. It's cheaper than a DUI. We promise.
- Speak to a Los Angeles DUI Attorney (FindLaw)
- Police make 700 DUI arrests in 6-day holiday period (Los Angeles Daily News)
- Taxi Apps and DUI Checkpoints for the Weekend and Fourth of July (FindLaw's Los Angeles DUI Blog)
- FreeRideHome App Offers Drunk Drivers a Safer Alternative (FindLaw's Los Angeles DUI Blog)