Los Angeles Pro Bono Centers
While most Los Angeles DUI lawyers won't work free when it comes to DUI cases, it might still be useful to look into local pro bono centers for free legal information. You still might be able to get free legal representation depending on the matters of the case. The pro bono centers listed below can help you before pleading your case in court.
Asian Pacific American Legal Center
1145 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- The Asian Pacific American Legal Center of Southern California (APALC) works to advocate for civil rights, provide legal services and education and build coalitions to positively influence and impact Asian Pacific Americans. Their pro bono attorneys mostly work with Asian American immigrants and are especially helpful to non-speaking individuals. APALC has services in Chinese, Khmer, Korean and Vietnamese.
California Rural Legal Assistance
338 South A Street, Oxnard, CA 93030
1460 6th Street, Coachella, CA 92236 215 S.
215 S. Coast Highway, Ste. 201, Oceanside, CA 92054
- California Rural Legal Assistance (CRLA) provides more than 40,000 low-income rural Californians with free legal assistance each year along with a variety of community education and outreach programs. This non-profit legal service program has multiple office locations throughout Southern California and has been offering free services since 1966.
610 South Ardmore Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90005
- Since 1970 Public Counsel has recruited over 20,000 volunteers and provided over a quarter of a billion dollars in free legal services to the Los Angeles community. With Public Counsel volunteer lawyers, law students and legal professionals assist people who are typically abused and abandoned children, homeless families, veterans, senior citizens, victims of consumer fraud and non-profit organizations.
San Gabriel Valley Lawyer Referral Service
1175 East Garvey Ave., Suite 105, Covina, CA 91724
- This non-profit public service organization is certified by the State Bar of California to provide lawyer referrals to the public. More than 100 attorneys are currently available through San Gabriel Valley Lawyer Referral Service. For criminal law cases, it's cost only $40 for the first half hour consultation. For cases of Personal Injury, Social Security or Workers' Compensation, there's no charge for the first conference.
Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
(Multiple office locations, see website), (800) 399-4529. http://www.lafla.org
- There are six different L.A office locations associated with this organization. The Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA) offers volunteer attorneys and is committed to promoting access to justice, strengthening communities, fighting discrimination, and effecting systemic change through representation, advocacy, and community education. In addition each office, has a walk-in clinic where individuals representing themselves can get legal information, assistance in preparing legal forms, and guidance on a variety of civil matters.